Growing up I remember my parents both worked and they would do their best to provide a nice breakfast for me before school but it would usually be an Eggo waffle or a Poptart (to be fair, not only was this due to their hectic schedules but also due to my aversion to eating anything so early). Unless you live in a household where one of you is a total morning person, a big breakfast is probably not going to happen…but maybe it can! *cue dramatic music*
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 peeled and diced russet potatoes
- ¼ onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli florets
- 1 packet of ranch powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 handful of sliced mushrooms
- 6 pieces of breakfast meat
- 1½ cups of shredded cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive/vegetable oil
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Butter the inside of both the 16×9 baking dish and the slow cooker pot.
- Peel/Dice potatoes, onion, red bell pepper, and green onion. Slice mushrooms. Cut the florets off broccoli.
- Lightly coat prepped vegetables with oil and then toss them with the ranch powder. Transfer to baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Cook and crumble meat then let cool.
- In slow cooker, layer third of the roasted vegetables, third of the meat, third of the sliced mushrooms and green onions, and third of the cheese. Repeat until finished.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk and spices, then pour into slow cooker covering meat, vegetables, and cheese.
- Cover and cook on “low” overnight (or for about 6 hours).
- Eat and be happy.