Alice Springs Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breast tenders (or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 ounces (approximately) of cheese (mild cheddar or marble jack cheese)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (ideally Japanese "Kewpie" mayo)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (regular yellow mustard)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- - seasoned salt of choice (I like "Slap Ya Mama")
- Season your chicken well with your seasoned salt and let it sit while you fry up your bacon.
- Cook your bacon in a skillet until crispy and drain most of the fat. Set the bacon aside.
- Cook your chicken in the little bit of bacon fat remaining in the skillet until the chicken is cooked through (generally about 4-6 minutes per side).
- Roughly chop up your chicken, bacon, and cheese and toss into a food processor.
- Mix your honey mustard by stirring together your mayo, mustard, and honey.
- Add honey mustard to the food processor with your meats and cheese.
- Pulse/Blend until the meat & cheese is shredded/chopped finely and stir. Chill and serve.